Sunday, September 14, 2008

Saturday, Early

We went out again yesterday (Saturday) just before 6am. We headed up to Tempe Town Lake and from there north on College to wind our way along the canal that is just east of the zoo. It's the same route we took last time (it's about 20 miles). However, this time, it was MUCH cooler. We even had to wear our windbreakers until we got to the ASU campus. Those mini-hills were still a climb, but I think we did much better this time (Karen at least stayed on her bike this time and I didn't have to stop half way up).

I did have to change a flat on Karen's bike the night before. We must have hit something sharp during our shorter, weekday morning rides. We were still waiting on the word from Performance that they had bought tire liners (Tuffys) for us (they lost Karen's other ones when they traded out her wheels for new ones). I finally bought some and put the front one when I changed the front tire. Her back tire still doesn't have one, but does have a puncture resistant tube. I'll need to take that out and put a tuffy and regular tube in (she feels that the puncture resistant tubes create too much drag on the road).

I had an awful time getting her front tire off. And even with Nathan's help (our eldest, machanically minded son), we had an awful time getting it on. The tire fits the rim very snuggly.

No comments: