Monday, June 30, 2008

Getting ready...

We went out early Saturday morning (5 am) for a 30+ mile ride. We figured we needed it in preparation for the Tour for Tucson's Children ride on the Fourth of July (this coming Friday). This upcoming event is an easy 27 mile (mostly flat) ride from Tucson's city center in a loop to the southwest of the city. Our daughter and her husband will be joining us (in fact, my daughter is the one who clued us into this event).

This was the first long ride that both my wife's bike and my trike had Tuffy tire liners and puncture resistant tubes. I noticed a slightly stiffer ride, but my wife complained that she had to put a lot more effort into cycling this time. We are going to put her old, non-puncture resistant tubes back in and see if that makes the difference of if it is the liners (we are not sure which are causing the problem).

1 comment:

The Ben Joslin said...

Good luck on that ride! We wish we could join you!

-BEN