Sunday, June 28, 2009

Completely Personal...

A goodly number of my children and their families were here in the valley yesterday for one reason or another. And we invited them all to be here with us for dinner (11 adults and four children).

All I can say is what joy I have to see all my children doing well and loving their own families. There is no greater joy.

On a cycling note, and as I posted before, I had x-rays taken, from head to hip, just to make sure I did not break anything from my crash. Apparently I did not. The doctor says no broken bones. I am, however, now very black and blue on my left side where I landed during the spill. And my neck and upper back are still very stiff.

My wife and I did go out cycling yesterday morning. We didn't get out until around 7:30. The temperature was 87 when we left and 93 when we got home. We only went a little over 12 miles. And no, I was not on the bike. I was on the trike. It was nice being back on the trike, and, maybe, the two weeks or so of two-wheeling helped. I didn't feel too winded and was able to keep up with a 14 to 16 mph pace (although our average overall was between 12 and 13 mph).

When I am completely healed (in that, it does not hurt to lay on my left side), I will entertain riding the bike again. I don't want to do so before the pain is all gone... just in case I fall on that side again...!

No comments: