Sunday, June 14, 2009

In the Tucson Desert

No, I didn't fall off a cliff on my trike. Between my last post and this one, my wife and I have become grandparents twice again -- a handsome little boy and a beautiful little girl. And there was my daughter's graduation from nursing school at the U of A. And assorted many other things.

Last February, while my wife and daughter attended a baby shower for our daughter-in-law there in Tucson, my daughter's husband and I went out for a 30+ mile ride around east Tucson (up and around by Saguaro National Monument). Here's the map:


My son-in-law thought that we would be going for about 20 miles, but we miscalculated and ended up going over 30. Even for February, it was a tad bit warm.

I think some of the hills would have been easier on a bike. You just can't stand up and pedal on the trike.

No comments: